Thursday, February 7, 2013

Log of Deception

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?

Dust
Dust is a small particle and it seems harmless
Dust can cause lots of unseen problems 
Dust is all around us
You normally have to look for dust in order to find it

Eye
Eye is the window to the soul, you look into the eye you see into the heart
Eye is an entrance and exit to the body
Eye captures life in color all around us

Log
Log is a large object or beam
the root meaning - to have intercourse with, have affection for, give attention to, to hold up and support, to receive, to take by the hand, to bring into family with and to educate as in the form of adoption, to give ear to, to embrace,

Beams hold up structures, structures protect families and keep them safe, structures give place to the everyday person to come in and find rest. Every architect is know by the structures they have built, the things that stand after they are gone is their legacy of excellence.

What I hear God saying to me through this passage of scripture. Brian why do you look at the speck of dust in others people eye which you often have to be very intentional at finding bc it is so small yet you seem to ignore the log in your own eye. Rather than looking at your own life you would rather look at other peoples life so that you can avoid you dealing with you. Why do you blame and find fault with other people rather than accepting full personal responsibility for your own life? When you look into the eye of another person in order to find fault you are actually finding fault with the internal core of that person. The eye is the window to the soul, the deepest part of a human being. When you do this you are not just finding fault with that person but with their creator!
Said another way. Why do I ignore the beam in my own eye that is defective and even dangerous to my life and the lives of those around me. This beam or beams are the structures of my life which hold up everything I do, have done and will do in the future. The type of materials that I use today will determine what I have the capacity to build on tomorrow. Why do I insist on doing things my way, on occasion I may use the correct load bearing beam in my structure but that doesn't make it right because the attitude of I did it my way all by myself is still painted on it.
I feel that I am always right and that my way is best, I also feel that you can not trust people so you have to do things yourself if you want it done right. In essence I am in the current process of building a big building, thinking that I know what I am doing while unaware that the material beams which hold up my masterpiece will not stand and are faulty which could one day result in my collapse.
If I collapse then it affects me personally, my wife, my children, my inner circle, my extended family, my friends, my business, my employees and most of all it becomes a loss to years of my life which I will never get back. God's love is trying to get me to look at the beam in my life so that He can help me avoid destruction from what I am building. Two things for sure will come at some point and time.
  1. Storms, strong winds and violent weather which will collapses my masterpiece
  2. Too much weight on the top part of what I have build because the top half of my building is heaver than the structure or foundation of it



No comments:

Post a Comment